Required Documents for Institutional Customers
If you created an FTX account for an institution, you may be asked to provide some or all of the following information:
- Formation document, business name filing document, business license, Certificate of Partnership registration, Certificate of Formation, trust deed / certificate, Articles / Certificate of Incorporation, or other proof of existence documentation
- “Doing Business As” registration document
- Name change document
- Partnership agreement, constitution, statute, bylaws, operating agreement, account agreement, and / or trust / custodial agreement
- Proof of source of funds issued such as a bank statement no older than 6 months, or a financial statements no older than 12 months, or a Tax filing no older than 12 months
- Identity verification for at least two managers or authorized representatives of the entity or substantive explanation on having less than 2 managers or authorized representatives
- Documentation of all ultimate beneficial owners who have 25% or more direct / indirect of the equity interests in the entity, or under certain cases of ultimate beneficial owners who have 10% or more direct / indirect of the equity interests in the entity
- Tax identification number
Timeline for completion of Institutional KYC
- Please note that institutional KYC requires manual review of all documents provided. Due to the extremely high volume of customer claims, KYC for institutional customers may take more than 6 months to complete. Therefore, regardless of the KYC status, you can file your claim at any point during your KYC process. KYC does not need to be completed before you file your claim.
- Please also note that you may be contacted by one of our KYC support team members via email for additional requests, even after the Bar Date September 29, 2023, 4 PM United States Eastern Time.